SINAMICS G130 Chassis Units
SINAMICS G130 drive converter chassis units in frame sizes FX + HX
The SINAMICS G130 is a converter that can be combined very flexibly with the associated system components and integrated into customer-specific control cabinets or directly into machines.
The SINAMICS G130 drive converter chassis units are available for the following voltages and power ratings:
|380 V … 480 V 3 AC||110 kW … 560 kW|
|500 V … 600 V 3 AC||110 kW … 560 kW|
|660 V … 690 V 3 AC||75 kW … 800 kW|
A wide range of add-on electrical components allow the drive system to be optimized for specific requirements. Configuration and commissioning are greatly simplified by predefined interfaces.
The control accuracy of the sensorless vector control is suitable for most applications, and additional actual speed value encoders are therefore superfluous.
However, encoder evaluation units are available for the SINAMICS G130 converters so that they can address applications that require an encoder for plant-specific reasons.
Communication between the Control Unit, the Power Module and other active SINAMICS components takes place via DRIVE-CLiQ, the drive’s internal interface. The DRIVE-CliQ connections, which are available as pre-assembled cables of different lengths, allow a complete converter system to be put together quickly.
For communication with the process control system, with the CU320-2 either a PROFIBUS or a PROFINET interface is available as standard. There is also the option to expand the interface using digital and analog inputs and outputs. The TM31 Terminal Module and TB30 Terminal Board are provided for this purpose. Additional expansion cards can also be installed to allow communication via PROFINET and the CAN protocol.
- Particularly quiet and compact converters due to the use of state-of-the-art IGBT power semiconductors and an innovative cooling concept.
- Individual modules and power components can be replaced quickly and easily, which ensures a higher level of plant availability. The design of replaceable components is based on the principle that they must be quick and easy to change. In addition, the “SparesOnWeb” Internet tool makes it easy to view the spare parts that are available for the system components ordered.
- Can be easily integrated in automation solutions by means of a standard communications interface as well as a range of analog and digital interfaces.
- Easy commissioning and parameterization using interactive menus on the AOP30 Advanced Operator Panel with graphic LCD and plain-text display, or from a PC using the STARTER commissioning tool (→ Tools and configuration).
- Preset software functions make it easier to tailor the converter to the individual plant.
- All components, from individual parts to the ready-to-connect cabinet, undergo rigorous testing throughout the entire production process. This guarantees a high level of functional reliability during installation and commissioning, as well as in operation.
Variable-speed drives are ideal for all applications that involve moving, conveying, pumping or compressing solids, liquids or gases.
- This means the following applications in particular:
- Pumps and fans
- Extruders and mixers
The SINAMICS G130 drive converter chassis unit provides machine builders and plant constructors with a modular drive system that can be tailored to specific applications.
- SINAMICS G130 drive converter chassis units consist of two modular, stand-alone components:
- Power Module and
- Control Unit
They may be located separately from one another or combined in a single unit. The Power Module contains a slot for the Control Unit.
The Power Modules are supplied with a DRIVE-CLiQ cable for communication and a cable for the 24 V supply to the Control Unit. These cables are pre-assembled for installing the Control Unit in the Power Module. If the two units are installed in separate locations, the cables must be ordered in the appropriate lengths.
The AOP30 Advanced Operator Panel and the BOP20 Basic Operator Panel can be used for commissioning and local operation.
Predefined interfaces, via terminal block or the CU320-2 Control Unit with either PROFIBUS or PROFINET, make commissioning and control of the drive much easier. The interfaces of the CU320-2 Control Unit can be supplemented with add-on modules, such as the plug-in TB30 Terminal Module or the TM31 Terminal Module.
If further customer interfaces are needed to communicate with the drive, an external 24 V supply must be provided.
The two figures in the following pages are helpful when it comes to assembling the required converter components correctly. The first figure shows the design and individual components of a SINAMICS G130 drive.
The second figure is a flowchart containing the decision and selection criteria required for the individual components.